View Single Post
Unread 12-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
peeps
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Been wanting to try a meatloaf and finally got a chance today.

Please accept this as my entry to the "Holiday Feasts, Brethren Style" throwdown.

Used this recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html

But instead of 3 lbs of beef, I did a pound of ground chuck, a pound of ground sirloin, and a pound of ground pork. Carrotss were replaced with the other half of the orange bell pepper. Also skipped the glaze for this attempt.

Everything ready for mixing...

Dusted it with Oakridge Black Ops after forming it and threw it in the fridge for a while.

Chopped up some taters and misted them with EVOO and dusted with Oakridge Santa Maria.

Threw everything on Colt with some Cherry and Apple wood and a chute of Royal Oak lump. Ran Colt at 250F or so for an hour then ramped up to 300-350F. During that time, I threw some butter in with the taters and covered them in foil.

Pulled everything once the IT of the loaf got to 155F. Heated up some frozen broccoli and baked some Crescent rolls to round out the meal.

Here it is all plated. Please use the below as my official entry pic.

Overall, it was pretty good. Might cut down on the thyme a bit next time and go with some sort of BBQ glaze as it was pretty good dipped in a sweet sauce.

Thanks for looking!

- Earl - My Custom Vertical Offset Smoker by AJ's Custom Cookers (build link)
- Colt - Superior SS-2 w/ DigiQ DXII- Courtesy of Gainesville Jaycees and Superior Smokers
- Weber Kettle 22.5 OTG w/ Craycort Cast Iron Grates
- Major - Mini WSM (from SJS)

Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller! (Certificate of Authenticity) / Join the fun in the Throwdowns!
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->