View Single Post
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #553
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwsawman View Post
... It was especially nice to be able to try EVERYTHING "on the house" and get a taste of all of it instead of just picking an item or two.
That makes me wonder if there is a "Sampler Platter" on the menu that would allow folks to sample everything on an ongoing basis. If you want to introduce new things to the menu, one way to do that would be to include them on the sampler platter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dave View Post
I see you mentioned coffee.
Brother you've gone over the top with everything, please don't go middle of the line on the coffee.
When I saw the mention of no coffee, I blanched! I guess I do fit the characterization of old. And I couldn't agree more. I'm disappointed by a restaurant that serves coffee that reminds me of that ancient joke whose punchline is "Well sir, it was ground just this morning." ("Waiter! this coffee tastes like mud!") I like my coffee brewed strong from a dark roast. I wonder how hard it is to find a blend that will please the majority of guests.

Anyway... It sounds like the first day was a great success and you have identified some opportunities for improvement. Perhaps there are some business opportunities as well (e.g selling whole or bulk brisket, though I suspect that also involves some risk as it takes control of serving out of your hands.)

I can't wait until we are close enough to stop by for a visit and a meal.