View Single Post
Unread 12-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #69
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

What a great day, I will work on getting more photos up to share soon.

I want to mention, that the BBQ Brethren played a huge roll in making this happen, from the numerous individual donors, to Phil and Motoeric, who provided a great deal of input and support. It truly showed what the BBQ Brethren can be about, when we get out of the Woodpile.

Dave and Deny were the MVP's killing it with the food and setup experience. But, we had amazing help, up and down the line, from the other Brethren that showed up, as well as a few friends along the way. We provided these soldiers and their families with an amazing meal, and the XO, CSM and SSG each came to me repeatedly, to let me know how much we were appreciated, how great the food was, and most of all, how much they appreciated the support and appreciation we showed to them and their command.

I received a wonderful gift and the opportunity to pass a little of that gift around, but, I felt the credit was far to generous to me, as it was truly a great team effort. I thank everyone who came out today, despite ominous weather, I thank all of the personal donors, I thank Phil and Eric and all of the sponsors, Bart's Blazing Q, Head Country Rubs and Sauces, Big Butz BBQ Sauces, Phat Matt's BBQ, Lucky Dog Hot Sauce, Otis Spunkmeyer and I am sure I am forgetting a few.

What a day!

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->