Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Dawg View Post
Just suck it up and do two cooks! Sleep is overrated

Set a timer and take 30 minute naps if needed
Hod did I know that would be the first answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMAJ View Post
You are only cooking one brisket for 22 people??

If you need to do separate cooks, I would leave the one for day 2 whole and reheat it in a slow oven. Some folks will tell you to vacuseal then boil in the bag. That works well too.
IMHO it is always better the day it's cooked, but I am also a big fan of sleep...
No I'm doing 2 for the first cook and 1 for the second one as so far there are only 12 people. I'm thinkin you're right and I'll have to do 2 cooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyle's BBQ View Post
You can cook them and pull them just befor they are done. Cook to 190 or so and pull then cool. Keep them whole. I put mine in a pan and cover with foil and reheat them at about 350-400. I put a thermometer in the thickest part. For you I would set the temp at 160 and check. If not probing tender reset to 180 and check at that point. I don't add any liquid. You will have drippings when you are done. These can be made into a sauce. Brisket packer will take abut 4 hours to reheat.

I forgot to ask, are these the same day?
Thanks, they're 2 days apart. So I'll probably go 2 cooks but if I have 2 in the same day I'll deffinetly use the plan you laid out.

Thanks a lot

Michigan Custom Cue "Serving those that have served us"

][][][%er

There is NO Secret Squirrel Society
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->