View Single Post
Unread 11-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #8
aawa
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowSlowBo View Post
I'll view it as a loss but a learning experience, you all are right in that I must have overcooked it. I covered it in butter and wrapped it in foil when the breast temp was at 145, I pulled it at 165 and wrapped it too tight not fully understanding that resting poultry only requires a tent.

It's a bummer when your showing off your new Egg and introducing everyone to it and the concept of smoking only to share subpar results but I'll learn from it and fire her up again .
The thing with having dinner with family and friends is that the food is just a distraction. It is truely about the times you share with them that matter.

Just keep practicing and you will be able to put out some dericious birds whenever you want. The nice thing is that chickens cook the same as turkeys and chickens are cheap! Practice throughout the year so you know how the bird will act and next year, really wow them!

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->