View Single Post
Unread 11-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #164
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmprantz View Post
I was debating weather or not to "weigh" in here, but after this, I see no reason not to:)

As some one who can read, the part that I find interesting is that the rule specifically says that the cut of meat must weigh 4 lb at the time of inspection, not when being placed in the cooker, and it mentions trimming between inspection/weighing and cooking.

The way it's worded, I think it practically encourages people to start out with a "whole" cut and trim away whatever they don't want, whether it's excess or entire muscle groups. Lots of ways to resolve this including allowing it, changing the pre-cook weight, the max-trim weight, or just saying "cheaters will cheat."

I suppose the other question is, at what point does trimming the cut turn it into an illegal cut? I think I heard that there are seven muscle groups in a Pork Butt? Must all seven remain for the cut to be legal and cookable? You aready allow bonless cuts, which convert a 405 to a 405A, and a 406 to a 406A, but you don't allow a long cut shoulder which would be a 403A rather than a 403. There I go geeking out and losing people again. Even still, people can be load 3 lb pieces of meat into their cookers on January 1 the way I read that.

Okay, I'll go back to my corner now.

dmp
Perfect ! Your posting will be enough to distract people from the pork rule LOL.

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote