View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #8
aawa
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackman View Post
Ah see--always learning something on this site, When I went to the butcher to order it I asked for a 4 rib prime rib and he asked me if I wanted prime meat so assumed that there was a difference--maybe he just scammed me for a higher price
I don't think your butcher was scamming you. Most people don't know what a standing rib roast is and only know it as "prime rib" He just wanted to make sure you wanted prime grade standing rib roast (aka prime rib) as opposed to a choice grade standing rib roast.

I will say this. That picture has me drooling as it is a fine looking piece of beef.

The way I would treat it is rub down with some kosher salt, course ground pepper (butcher ground pepper if you can find it), chopped rosemary, granulated garlic, and onion powder.

My preference for smoker setup is cooking at 300 degrees with pecan wood with no water pan (only a pan to catch the drippings to make au jus). Cooking temperature is completely based on your preference.

You are correct with only wanting to cook it to 125 degrees IT. Then let it rest for 20mins tented with foil before slicing.

I'm jealous of your meat.
Weber Mini WSM
Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
Sublime Smoke UDS
Lazy man Pitmaster IQ110 w/ rainbox

Superest Fasterest Blue Thermapen

Want to meet some others with the obsession of BBQ? Clicky for the planning of the Virginia/Mid-Atlantic Brethren Bash
aawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->