View Single Post
Unread 11-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #35
PaulieG
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Peeps- that looks great. Being a chef for over 30 years pizza is my thing. When we made pizza at our restaurant my deck would be around 650 degrees so your temp is about right. We did every thing by 100 weights but I have broken down the dough recipe to make it easier for home use. This will make two 12-14 inch pizzas.

3½ cups (16 ounces) high-gluten flour (Only Tipo“00” flour such as Caputo flour can be used if making Neapolitan pizza).

9 ounces warm water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon instant yeast
¾ teaspoon salt

In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix on low speed until ingredients come together and form a scrappy dough. Add olive oil and mix for a few seconds longer until it's incorporated into the dough. Switch to the dough hook attachment and set mixer to medium speed. Allow mixer to knead the dough for a full 15 minutes at which time it should pass a windowpane test. Place dough in a large oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Place dough in the refrigerator for 24 hours. This is the trick that most home cooks don’t do. The dough needs to rise slow and cold to give it that NY style crust.
Make sure that your stone is in the grill for at least 15 minutes before you slab the pizza. The grill may be 650 but the stone also needs to be that temp.
PaulieG is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->