View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #394
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps View Post
How did hiring go? Got some good folks lined up?
Eh, it is what it is. A constant stream of convicted felons and people who have absolutely no restaurant experience, and those who refuse to work weekends. I've got one cashier that I'm going to hire for sure. She's awesome. An older lady who has lived here for decades, knows everybody in town, is active with the chamber of commerce, and volunteers regularly at one of the food pantries in town. She also has an extensive catering background when she used to work at the hospitality department of Notre Dame. I think she's going to be my rock star, but I still need to find a second cashier since I can't work this lady 60 hours a week.

And then I have two promising interviews with cooks tomorrow. One was previously a line cook at Ruth's Chris and spent two years at another BBQ place, and the other spent five years at one of the local resorts as sous chef. As long as they actually show up I have a feeling at least one of them will be a good fit.

Push comes to shove, I'll move forward with just one cashier and one cook to get the doors open. My wife is off work for the next three weeks so she said she will pitch in up front if need be, and my father in-law said he would help out in the kitchen if I need.

I don't care what it takes, I'm not going to let this venture get delayed any longer. I've gone 11 months without a paycheck now and it's starting to take its toll.
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote