View Single Post
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #48
White Dog BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa RnQ View Post
Wellll, I dunno, a team could cook a bone-in butt over 5 pounds and part it out as they were boxing it. You know, like BBQ.
Well, I dunno, I would like to know what cooking method I should be practicing for next year.

I really couldn't care less which rule is in effect for next year, I just want to know what that is. While I have never understood why cooking a phosphate-injected, butter-braised pork butt still qualifies as BBQ, but the second you part it out it becomes something else, whatever, I can work with it. Likewise, if if I can part out to my heart's content, fine, I'll find a way to make it work. But for heaven's sake just tell me what the rule is!

Mike, I agree 100% with your spot check idea. I don't think the rules should be changed to accommodate cheating. While I wouldn't mind having the ability to put my pork back on after it is pulled and sliced to heat up the product, firm up the bark, set the sauce, etc. (and for both cooking and food safety reasons, I think it's silly that we can't do that for the last 20 minutes before turn-in), whatever, I can live with it. Just settle it, try something for a year, and see what happens.

1x Backwoods Smoker Extended Party
1x 18" WSM
1x Red Weber Performer
1x Weber 22.5" OneTouch Silver
1x Weber Genesis Silver B
White Dog BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->