View Single Post
Unread 11-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #21
columbia1
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ View Post
I'm not a lawyer but I think I could argue that the pork rule has been changed to:

Pork: Pork is defined as Boston Butt, Boston Roast, Picnic and/or Whole Shoulder. After trimming, pork shall be cooked whole /9bone in or bone out), however, once cooked, it may be separated and returned to the cooker at the cook's discretion. It may be turned in chopped, pulled, chunked, sliced or a combination of any of those."

We voted and passed that a while back. Jeff's motion was simply to finalize the rules so there can be no further changes and all appropriate documentation can be published. The fact that it was defeated does not mean the change in pork rule was defeated it just means that we can continue to propose rule changes till the end of the season.
Thanks Steve, I just hope the final rule is easy to decipher, this new stuff just seems to open new questions, to, me, I just want to know if I can separate the money muscle from the butt, and be able to throw the rest of the butt back on the pit to further cook.
Custom 72" reverse flow smoker, 18" WSM, Weber Elite, ECB.
Tombstone BBQ on Facebook
columbia1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->