View Single Post
Unread 11-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #12
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junktrader View Post
Thanks for everyone's input. There are four 3/4 inch inlets - 2 on fatman ball valves and 2 with elbows - and two unpiped 2" exhausts. (Link to pictures of my UDS - http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ostcount=11572) You can see one of the elbow inlets in the shadow on the first pic.

So far I've only been cooking 1 chicken, split or spatchcocked in the center of the grill. This past Saturday I did also throw in 4 Cornish hens about an half way into through the cook. I may try adding some lump to the Kingsford to see if that helps.
Your Proble is HERE!!!
Every 90 deg turn you pur in a line restricts its flow by 50%. in the simplest terms 4X.75= 3/2= 1.5 1.5/4=.375 so your 3/4" intakes are now 3/8" Solution:> Get rid of those Elbows on 3 of your intakes and use 1 valve. Then do this:
Take that farkn diffuser out start with at least 1/2 chimney of hot stuff and leave the lid off at start up until the thermo hits 200 then put the lid on and let it settle in then put on the meat.