Unread 11-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #7
JHumpertIN
Found some matches.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
The point looks terrific, how was it overall, looks like it sliced up nicely
Overall it had great taste and was super tender and juicy. I was hoping to pull it out about 195 but fell asleep and by the time I woke up it was already hitting 210. You could not even tell that the temperature got higher than I had wanted when you ate it. The slicing was a little fall apart due to the higher temperature but the way my wife was woofing it down I don't think it mattered anyway. I even took several slices to the neighbors and they absolutely loved it also. I have 1 small vacuum sealed bag left in the freezer and I may have to get that out this week for lunch and will probably have to fight the wife to keep her out of it.

Usually the wife wont eat very much of what I smoke and says it is burnt but even she said if I can keep putting out results like this every time then she is more than willing to eat every bit of it again. I have 2 pork butts in the freezer right now waiting for it to get a little colder so I can try out how the barrel does in the colder weather here in Indiana because the last cold weather cook I did on the offset the temperature was 35 degrees with 40 MPH wind and I fought all day to keep temperatures on the offset so I am hoping this barrel does pretty good and because of the fact they are out of Denver I have high hopes that I will still be able to cook all winter.