View Single Post
Unread 11-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #14
HBMTN
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Well today I fired up the new FEC120 with in 15 minutes it was at 200 degrees and I run it several hours to break it in. I had to cook today for a tasting for a future booking bride and I cooked for her on the Lang 84 so I decided to cook half a pack of chicken legs on the Lang and the other half on the FEC. Both went on at the same time running about 260 degrees each. Chicken came off of both at the same time. All chicken in the pic came off the FEC except for one piece which came off the Lang. Both were great but I'd say if I had to pick a winner for today's chicken I'd pick the FEC. That could be that subconsciously I'm trying to justify spending $5500 too LOL.

The only thing I can call BS on so far is that Cookshack says the unit will burn 1/2lb of pellets an hour at 250 degrees. That is BS I run the unit set on 225 degrees for 3.5 hours and 250 for 4.5 hours and burned about 14lbs of pellets. By their calculations of burn-age I should have cooked at least 28 hours off of that. Which piece came off the Lang????

HBMTN is offline   Reply With Quote