View Single Post
Unread 11-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #144
ssv3
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
It seems like the location on Ventura west of White Oak has the best beef of any of the Ralph's in the valley. A lot of the other locations only carry select, and it's crap, although still better than Von's. I definitely plan to check out Harmony Farms in LaCanada very soon, thanks for the heads up on that.

Have you also tried Huntington Meats in the LA Farmer's market? They carry SRF, as well as prime hanger steak...
You're welcome! You're right on Vons. I don't buy select at all.

I used to buy from Huntington Meats and Marconda's at the Farmers market. Since I frequent Harmony Farms I hardly go there anymore (hate the drive/traffic/parking). I tried and love their SRF products though.

P.S.

McCall's in Los Feliz is outstanding as well. Excellent quality products. I've treated myself to their 41 day dry aged ribeyes they get once a year for Christimas last year. The most I've paid for a steak and I'll leave it at that. That would be my first choice in absolute impeccable meats. Their like the Ferrari in butcher shops/meats around the area IMHO. They are my special occasion butcher shop. They carry SRF as well.
Blackstone Griddle 36
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Weber Performer, WSJ, WGA
PBC

Last edited by ssv3; 11-06-2013 at 05:51 PM..
ssv3 is online now   Reply With Quote