View Single Post
Unread 11-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #18
Larso
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemci View Post
Just curious, is bbq very popular in Ireland?
Straight answer: No!
We dont really have the weather to get us outside often enough, except for maybe 2 months durting the summer(if were lucky). However, if bad weather keeps you indoors we'd barely get outside at all in Ireland. The main impediment to outdoor cooking here is the wind and rain, cold wouldnt stop me going outside as you can dress for it and still be comfortable.
I use my oudoor gas grill more than most. I use it in all weathers, even fire it up on christmas day because my ovens arent big enough for the amount of food(12~15 people). I'm always dragging my kids out to the garden and this is just another great excuse. You could count the amount of BBQ restaurants in Dublin on one hand(I can only think of 2), but people would love it if they could get it. Im just back from a 6 week stint in Phoenix with my job and there was loads of BBQ there, couldnt get enough of it! Ive been building an outdoor wood fired pizza oven which is nearly ready to fire up also and am planning a whole outdoor cooking area.
Larso is offline   Reply With Quote