Unread 10-31-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
DepChief22
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizznessman View Post
Gig #1:

Our experience is that with brisket we average a 45% loss of weight in cook.

Two 15 lb briskets with 45% loss in cook = 16.5 lbs cooked meat = 264 oz. We usually use a 6 oz serving size for most events.

Serving Size................. # of Servings
......4 oz.............................66
......6 oz.............................44
......8 oz.............................33

What is your cost per lb for the briskets? Around here they run around $2.25/lb. Using that number the raw cost for two 15 lb briskets would be $67.50. With the 45% loss in cook your cost of goods sold would be $4.09 per lb. If you use the "3 times cost" method for retail pricing you would then end up with $12.27 per lb as a Retail Price. (Based on a 6 oz serving size you would then have a Retail Price of $4.60 per serving) The total charge to the customer for the brisket, at the requested quantity, would be $202.50.

"I figured a price of about 70 dollars per whole packer brisket to charge. I have heard of guys charging more but I know I am just starting out and dont want to come out charging up." It is my opinion that should not sell yourself short.

For the potato salad add up the total cost of ingredients and take that time 3 to arrive at the Retail Price.

------------------------------------------------

Gig #2

Use the same method as Gig #1 for pricing the brisket.

For the chicken add up your total cost of goods and take times 3 for your retail price.
How much would you charge to cook 200 chicken halves if they supplied them?

Thanks from:--->