View Single Post
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #355
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Oh yeah, I instructed the guys to build the roof so that an enclosure of some sort could be easily added if needed. The SP guy that came and installed it said it actually doesn't need any enclosure, or even a roof and he's installed over a 100, but like all of you, I don't trust people and would like to secure it anyway for piece of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
I assume your enclosing that so nobody steals your wood!
Why the exhaust fan? your already naturally ventilated.
Wood is stacked in the barn out back. Secured somewhat, but if somebody had bolt cutters I guess they could get to it.

And the ventilation issue is a health department thing. Even though the firebox part is mounted and vented outside, when you open the cooker doors on the inside, smoke can and likely would enter the kitchen. So, that's why the smoke extractor and exhaust fan is going to be added. When you open the pit doors, it actuates a baffle in the smoke extractor and turns on the exhaust fan, sucking the smoke out the top so that it doesn't enter the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
Another word of advice. I wouldnt be doing ANY cooking out of there, free or not, until you have your HD inspections.
Yeah, change of plan and I won't be cooking out of there. All of the people in the road rally are friends and co-workers anyway, but given plans I'm just going to cook at home and bring some pork to hand out and give a 20% off coupon to everybody.
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->