View Single Post
Unread 10-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
eddieh70301
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I have a stumps baby that's about 3-4 years old. Can't remember the year I bought it. It stays in the garage all year so the exterior is in great shape. On average, I use it 3-4 times a month.
There is a section right above the fire box that lost paint-not sure if it is from heat or something else. I need to paint that portion to avoid any issues down the road.
Interior has held up well with just signs of normal use.
I did have a grease fire in it about a month ago and it charred the interior. Once it cooled, I scrapped it good and re-seasoned it.
The racks in the baby are way too close together. The top rack is useless unless you are smoking bacon or something thin. I basically have to use every other rack to allow space. A butt barely fits between rack 2 & 3. Maybe they spaced out the racks in the XL. Might want to check the dims between the racks.
I also do not like the design of the drip rack. It serves the intended purpose but I would rather have a removable pan that I can empty after every cook. The grease does drain into the pan under the smoker but the bottom of the smoker is a mess from dripping grease. I now use a disposable pan placed on the drip rack to keep the bottom clean and grease free.
Just a few things to think about before purchasing.
The stumps is a great cooker but from what I've heard there are other makers out there who offer more bang for your buck.