Unread 10-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #35
bizznessman
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren.miller View Post
I called the HD...

They pretty much said I would have to buy or build a brick and morter. I asked about food trucks and he said they are not making it in our area.

My only option would be to make my garage or a temperorary kitchen.

He was taling about ceiling tiles smooth wall ect.. ALL heard was cha ching cha ching...

He also stated my smoker has to be under roof.

There has to be a way to get this done.

Can you explain the HD's statement regarding "food trucks"? Are they saying that they are not profitable or that they are not passing their inspections?

If they are saying that they are not profitable then I would ask them how they know this and I would not necessarily take their word on that. I would do some research with actual operators to see what they say regarding profitability. It could be the HD's way of discouraging food trucks. Food trucks cause the HD inspectors more work, due to the manner in which they need to inspect them, so they may not like having them in their area. Off the cuff statements like "food trucks don't make it in this area" is a convenient way to ease their work load.

If they are saying that they do not pass their inspections then I would ask what the specifics are regarding the inspection failures. Once you know this you can build/operate in a manner which "passes".

Personally I believe a licensed mobile kitchen is your best bet for what you are wanting to do.

Thanks from:--->