View Single Post
Unread 10-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #9
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclss2000 View Post
So, since it's getting cold out, I started thinking about how I'm going to do any smoking during the winter. I've gotten caught with my pants down, per say, when I was trying to smoke something and it started raining, killing my temp. So I can imagine the winter cold won't be much better.
I've read a little about using a welding blanket to wrap or cut and tape together with high temp adhesive tape to make a tight cover. I've also read about using this high temp adhesive tape to put on the inside of the grill? I'm not sure how all of this will work with the setup I have. It's a master forge grill/smoker so the charcoal sits under the grates. Can I wrap the area that would I guess be considered the "firebox?" this would allow me to wrap the whole grill that would need the heat held in and not just the lid of the grill.
Years ago when I worked on the Diamond R In NE Wyoming that winter wind was worse than a Polar Bear breathing down your neck while standing barerfooted on a block of Dry Ice at the south pole on the 4th of July. All I had at the time was the ECB. I solve the howlin north wind and -35 temps by cutting the ends out of a 55 gal drum and slipping it over the ECB. worked like a Champ. However with yours it is an WSM knock off a HW heater blanket is just the ticket.