Hello everyone. I am looking for some quality advice. I will start out by saying, i am an old school venison sausage / fish, barrel smoker. My smoker is an old 200 gallon, uninsulated, well ventilated oil barrel. I am looking to upgrade and build a new smoker. I am looking to buy a non working Stainless steel freezer. It is a True T-23F series. I will be using an internal propane burner. My main question is after i gut the electronics, lines and compressor, Would it be chemically safe to use this as a smoker without removing the "foamed in CFC free polyurethane foam" from the painted aluminum walls? I am looking for opinions as i dont want to do this if there would be any chance of creating toxic fumes with the heat inside.
Attached is some info about the freezer. Thanks for you expertise.
T-Series Reach-In Freezers
• 300 series stainless steel exterior with white aluminum interior to
match cabinet liner. Doors extend full width of cabinet shell. Door
gaskets of one piece construction.
• Lifetime guaranteed adjustable torsion type closure system with
aluminum block supports. The face of each door fitted with a 12"
long recessed handle with sheetmetal interlock. Handles are foamedin-
place to insure permanent attachment.
• Entire cabinet structure and doors insulated using foamed-in-place
CFC free polyurethane foam.
• Adjustable vinyl coated wire shelves (3 per section). Shelves capable
of supporting up to 250 lbs.
• Full height shelf support pilasters, with double oblong holes on 1/2"
centers. Pilasters made of the same material as cabinet interior. Four
(4) chrome plated, stainless steel shelf clips to be included for each
• Incandescent interior lighting. Light(s) activated by rocker switch
mounted above door(s).
• 300 series stainless steel front grill, shroud and doors. Anodized
quality aluminum exterior ends and back.
• NSF approved, white vinyl coated aluminum and 300 series stainless
floor with coved corners.
• Barrel lock standard for each door (excluding T-12F). Dial exterior
mounted temperature monitor.
• Cabinet mounted on a welded, galvanized frame rail, painted for
additional corrosion protection. Frame rail fitted with 4" diameter
castors, front castors include brakes (castors not available for the
T-12F; 2 1/2” castors standard for T-19F & -FZ).
• Rear wall airflow guard prevents frozen product from blocking