View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #182
luv2lafmcc
Got rid of the matchlight.

Default iQue / Chris Hart Class

Im new here, and trying to get my post count up so I can view and participate. There sure is a lot of security on this forum! Makes it hard(er) for us newbies to jump in and get involved.

I recently attended a cooking demonstration hosted by Chris Hart. I just wanted to post some of my impressions in case someone here was considering it.

DO IT!

It was an excellent experience for me. I was anxious that it would be an investment that wouldn't have yielded any significant tips, tricks or outright "how to really do it"... Boy was i wrong.

Chris's 2 day class is run just like a competition cook. It allows you to see the timing and structure required. Its in a setting that allows up close and personal observations and questions. Chris kept it interesting and fun, while packing it with not only how to do it, but teaching us the WHY to do it.

In retrospect, the cost of the class, was not just worth it, it was a downright bargain. I was surprised to hear that one of the attendee's was on his 2ed class with Chris. Having taken the class a few years earlier, I can appreciate that because Chris's class is his honest to goodness "competition cook" technique, which evolves and changes. Taking it again in a year or 2 might be on my to do list.

I would post a link to his twitter account (which is where i heard about his class schedule), but i cant yet... find him at WickedGoodBBQ on twitter and online.

Attached is a shot of the chicken i prepared following the class. Complete success! Next weekend...RIBS!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG5135.jpg (35.1 KB, 1142 views)
luv2lafmcc is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->