***SPECIAL*** Discussion Thread -> "National Pizza Month!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Gang...

Please remember to indicate if your post is an entry and also which picture you want to use for your entry photo. Also, if you indicate your entry picture between pictures pleas indicate which picture you wane (like "My entry picture below" or something like that)

Sorry, Ron. Didn't know we are supposed to label out entry's. But, I can't edit my post. So just to clear up any questions, my above post is an entry.

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Please accept this as my entry into the Pizza Month Throwdown.

I made a couple of pizzas this Sunday and started out with BBQ Chicken Pizza. Here it is just off the kamado.

Plated

Please use the picture below as my entry pic.

The details of this cook can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2667211#post2667211

Boy It's getting hot in here!! I may have to whip up some dough & do a Thin for the Win cook:razz:

Now here's one that is off the wall......Chilidog pizza.

Here are the ingredients:
Chilidogpizza005_zps80da318f.jpg

And the following is my entry pic:
Chilidogpizza015_zpsd1353052.jpg

And here is the build thread:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173820

I thought it was pretty good for as first attempt at Kettle pizza, would tweak a little here and there, but not to shabby.
Thanks for looking!

KC

I farked this entry up and I was debating whether or not to enter it. I figured I might as well get another zero under my belt. This will be my entry.

First, I fried up some fakeon (turkey bacon - I was trying to use up some leftover crap).
by0m.jpg

Next, cooked a tube of Italian sausage.
w1ml.jpg

I prepared the dough and put it in a CI skillet and topped with pizza sauce.
dcxj.jpg

Topped with meats and mushrooms. Cheese and pepperoni added after this.
4giw.jpg

You know, a CI skillet looks like a really squat dutch oven. Let's try something new.
8ipm.jpg

After cooking it for a little too long (crust was a bit crispier than I like), it came off. This will be my entry picture.
id88.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Here are couple pizzas for the throwdown, Made on my Black Stone. One is plain with fresh mozzarella a and some grated four cheese. They other is pepperoni. Thanks

Thanks for entering! Per the TD rules you can have one entry picture per TD entry. In the special TD's like this one you are allowed to enter more than once, however.

Would you like me to treat the two pizza pictures as two separate entries?

Please accept this as my entry into this Throwdown

O.K. I've been drinking and this is very confusing as I have never enter a throw down. This is a Alfedo Pizza my wife talked me into making. I really thought is was going to be a fail, as with the wind and cold temps my UDS did not get up to the temps I've expected. But it turned out awesome!
Smoked chicken, smoked spinach, alfredo pizza. The smoked spinach is now the new way for us to cook down spinach!
yiub.jpg

Hey Man can't blame a man for trying! Looks good to me ! Honestly. Bread, sauce, cheese and any kind of meat is good in my book!

Jed

Thanks for entering! Per the TD rules you can have one entry picture per TD entry. In the special TD's like this one you are allowed to enter more than once, however.

Would you like me to treat the two pizza pictures as two separate entries?
You can treat as two separate entries. Sorry about that. I found the sticky for the rules and going over it now.

Thanks

Official "National Pizza Month" TD Entry

Please accept this as my official entry in the “National Pizza Month” TD
Made this several days ago but just getting around to Posting

First you have to make your own dough – No pre made pizza crust allowed!
View attachment 86822
Roll it out – Any shape is fine – Good pizza is never perfectly round!
View attachment 86823
Add the home made sauce and make sure it has plenty of crushed garlic
View attachment 86824
Mozzarella Cheese, Canadian bacon, Peperoni
View attachment 86825
Mushrooms, Onions, Olives, and Bacon!
View attachment 86826
Get the GMG up to 500° F
View attachment 86827
Add a few Tomato slices and some Roasted Garlic and get it on the Grill
View attachment 86828
Cookin up Nicely
View attachment 86829
Oh Yeah, It’s Ready!
View attachment 86830
Plated with Jalapenos, and Blue Cheese dressing with green onion garnish
View attachment 86831
This Pizza was awesome and the smoke flavor set it off nicely!
View attachment 86832
Please use this as the entry shot
Thanks for Lookin ! :-D:-D
SD

Last edited:
Official "National Pizza Month" TD Entry #2

Please accept this as an Official Entry in the "National Pizza Month" TD

Some things get better with time and Pizza sauce is one of those things

A few days after the first Pizza, this one was dinner and the flavors were more intense than the first!

The full cook can be found here:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174071

And here is what was about to be a giant bite of awesome Peperoni Peperoni Pizza

View attachment 86858

Please use this as the official entry Shot!

Thanks for Looking! :p
SD

Last edited:
Back