Unread 10-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #27
bizznessman
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren.miller View Post
I called the HD...

They pretty much said I would have to buy or build a brick and morter. I asked about food trucks and he said they are not making it in our area.

My only option would be to make my garage or a temperorary kitchen.

He was taling about ceiling tiles smooth wall ect.. ALL heard was cha ching cha ching...

He also stated my smoker has to be under roof.

There has to be a way to get this done.

There is, follow your HD's regulations. The food service industry is highly regulated and those that try to skirt these regulations almost always end up "out of business".

If they do not allow any type of mobile kitchen then you will be forced to find/build a brick & mortar. Before choosing the "home site" kitchen option be sure to research city/county zoning laws, commercial kitchen plumbing/wiring codes, insurance, etc as well as HD regs. A "temporary" kitchen in your garage probably won't fly. Due to the regs it will probably need to meet commercial codes for electrical, plumbing, etc. We considered this route at first and found that the costs of converting our garage would have been about as much as buying/building a new structure on a commercially zoned site. Hence our renting of kitchen space.

I understand the desire/dream to go into the "BBQ" business but please understand that you will be going into "business" and that means following all the laws & regulations and expenses that come with it. I am not trying to dissuade you or anyone else. I am just saying that the way to go into "business" is to do it right or you will face consequences down the road. And some of those can be severe.

Thanks from:--->