You will need Dessert!!! This isn't fancy but it fits the season and mmmmmmm is it good!!! (imho)
(NOTE: this makes two loaves so cut the recipe in half if you only have one 9" pan, take that from someone who only has one pan
and didn't read the directions completely the first time through)
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs; beat until smooth. Add water and beat
until well blended. Stir in pumpkin, ginger, allspice cinnamon, and clove.
3. In medium bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to
pumpkin mixture and blend just until all ingredients are mixed. Divide batter between
4. Bake in preheated oven until toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.
5. Depan and let cool for a couple hours and drizzle white icing over the top!!!