View Single Post
Unread 10-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
bizznessman
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokestackbbq View Post
I hear ya. I'm not really into this way of doing business, but it may be a fast track to establishing a customer base. Right now, I'm relying on craigslist / kijiji and word of mouth for my advertising. I do have a small advertising budget but haven't figured out where to use it yet!

Where are you advertising your catering services? I'm all ears when it comes to expanding my business.

Twitter and Facebook are GOLD!!! (and they are cheap) The majority of our business is from "word of mouth" and references. We haven't really had to do much media advertising.

Being in a rural area (small town) everyone, and those within 20 miles, know us from past events. In a suburban market you would probably need to so some media/print advertising. Flyers work well. Get into a local farmers market or festival and spread the word that you cater. Get YOUR name inserted in THEIR advertising (no I'm not cheap, I'm FRUGAL). I have biz cards with email addie, phone, etc that I give out like free candy.

Marketing is marketing but there is nothing like the smell of great BBQ wafting through the air to advertise your business. It seems like every time we cook we get calls/emails asking for information.

Thanks from:--->