View Single Post
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #12
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default My official entry, part one...

I've been wanting to continue my journey to make a great pizza on the redhead, so this new Special TD was right on time.

i have my sauce down. San Marzano tomatoes, garlic, fresh oregano and basil from my garden, and lots of garlic. here are a few other ingredients for my pizza...

Here is how it looked pre-cook, with my sauce, some of the best yellow bell peppers I've found this year, and fresh mozzarella, and some soppressata sausage (way better than pepperoni), and rough cut fresh oregano and basil.

Onto the redhead using my new pizza setup -- a pizza stone on top of a grate, with a grate on top of the stone, with my pizza on a pizza tray on top of that. My goal was to make the top of the pizza cook through at the same time that the bottom of the crust got done to brown and crisp.

It worked.

Wow, this pizza was good. I tasted it too early, and burned the roof of my mouth, but it was worth it. I did NOT burn my tongue, so I tasted every bite. I ate most of this pie, and can't wait to eat the rest for lunch tomorrow.

Oh, yeah, this is how it looked when it was done.

CD

Last edited by caseydog; 10-05-2013 at 11:00 PM..
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->