View Single Post
Unread 10-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #113
peeps
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
Yea....I hate to say it, but I called that one.
As much as I'd want my new baby to stay at my house, I'd say that for the long run,. you should let AJ take this one back to the shop and "scoot" that lid to the right about 1/4". Nothing more than a grinder to the hinge points and some teflon washers to keep it "encouraged" to the right side.

Also, in hind sight, the temps you're running the first day might be a bit extreme for new paint. I'm no expert on that one though.

Great looking rig dude. That's an heirloom unit right there. Bite the bullet, fix the things you don't like, and live with it for the rest of your life. It's a beauty!
Thanks for the input. I'm considering it. Just need to work it through with AJ and get a better look when it's cold...

The lid will actually have to be shortened for the 1/4" scoot will make it overhang on the right, so it is a fair bit more involved than you describe.

- Earl - My Custom Vertical Offset Smoker by AJ's Custom Cookers (build link)
- Colt - Superior SS-2 - Courtesy of Gainesville Jaycees and Superior Smokers
- Weber Kettle 22.5 OTG w/ Craycort Cast Iron Grates
- Major - Mini WSM (from SJS)

Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller! (Certificate of Authenticity) / Join the fun in the Throwdowns!
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote