View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #27
Gulf
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
Nice build Gulf! Clean, spherical dome.....did you use a form or the indispensable tool?
Thank's Carbon,
Yes, I did use an I.T. for the fire brick portion of the dome.

The brick on the exterior of the dome that you see are actually brick floor splits which were later grouted. They are adhered to a stucco layer with thinset.

The stucco layer is separated from the fire brick by about 8" of insulation (4" ceramic fiber blanket and about 4" of vermicrete). I used a swinging plywood form to true up the vermicrete layer to make the exterior a perfect sphere.

___The Mississippi Queen___

My Picasa Web Album

My oven is a little on the extreme side. There are plenty of great looking and excellent working wood fired pizza/bread ovens that have been built by folks without any prior experience.

My sincere apologies to jsperk for the hijack. I started researching wood fired ovens after Hurricane Katrina. We spent about 2 and a half weeks eating 3 meals a day cooked by charcoal. I was looking for any alternative to charcoal that did not require, electricity or gas. Between FornoBravo and The BBQ Brethren, the next one should be a lot more palatable .
Gulf is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->