View Single Post
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #16
Fat Freddy
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by McEvoy AZ View Post
Not many people were doing peoples choice at this event because of some of the heath departments demands. At the last second we agreed to do it because we wanted to help the charity, since there was not much participation in pc at this event, It was otherwise a fun event. I guess next year it is unfortunate we probably will not be doing PC. By the way we did well in the health inspection, the inspector found no violations.
Sadly I heard from the original organizer of the event I am talking about(Storm Lake,Iowa) that because of the HD most teams refused to do PC that particular year. Teams that had already agreed to do it but then felt dealing with the HD wasnt worth it. And they, the organizers, had talked to several teams about the contest for the next year and was told by those teams that they would not be doing PC again. This organizer told me that they were counting on PC to bring in lots of the public to the event but without PC there was no reason to come out and then the sponsors decided no reason to sponsor without public etc etc. So the decision was to cancel the event and it probably wont be back because of HD...This venue was a great location and had a very good team numbers and had the big time sponsors but the HD being difficult is why this contest is no more according to the original organizer.

I know the HD has an important job and I am not anti HD and I know there is more to the story about why this contest is no more but I think it is funny how even the organizer blames the HD.

1 members found this post helpful.