View Single Post
Unread 09-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #13
acguy
Got Wood.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Perhaps I can share the other side of the equation. I spend a great deal of time volunteering for different 501c3 youth groups. I've been known to knock on doors looking for "help". To be honest, in most situations I'd be just as happy to get a donation of time as I would financial help. I'd rather not knock on your door. I'm doing it for the kids and I hope that any help I find will be made for the good of the kids and not because of my income or otherwise.

My volunteer work has made me a fairly well connected individual in both city govts. and in Sacramento. I don't "pimp" out my connections, however, if I can "help" someone in return, I'm more than happy to make an introduction. I'm always happy to pass along a name and phone number for an eye doctor or caterer. A couple months ago, an assemblyman in Sacramento requested I come do a catered event at the capitol. I explained that I'm not a caterer but passed along the number of someone I knew. Everybody was happy. After all, that is a component of good business.

Just a different point of view.
acguy is offline   Reply With Quote