View Single Post
Unread 09-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
sslak
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default What a Jerk!

Jamaican Jerk! Ya Mon!

My first attempt at homemade jerk marinade (and my first documented cook on these forums)! I loosely followed this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZJ7Z9snOaM

It turned out AWESOME...tangy and delicious, the fresh limes make a world of difference compared to what you can buy in a bottle. Seriously...I tasted it out of the blender and I kept wanting to dip my finger back in for another taste!

The only thing I held back on was the scotch bonnet peppers, I know that's like "the thing" but my fiance doesn't like heat so I used a dried ancho chili instead.

I went kinda nuts and did a 48 hour marinade because we had a busy Saturday planned, I dumped the LEGS in the sauce on Friday night, and kept them in a ziploc in the fridge until Sunday afternoon.

I kept a mason jar of the sauce out of the marinade - gonna save it for JERK WINGS, I think for those I'll kick up the heat!

These went on the WSM at about 320 degrees, cause that's how I roll with poultry, gotta cook hot. I would have liked to get it up around 350 but I got a little excited and put them on too early..didn't wanna finish and have them sitting around getting cold.

These cooked for about an hour and a half, just a small piece of peach wood...didn't want too much smoke.

I'll add another pic later that I took with the Canon for the LEGS THROWDOWN...these are just some cell phone shots.

Raw just put them on, next pic is about 1 hour in, the skin colored up a bit for my final shot..coming when I get back home!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-09-22 16.37.52.jpg (71.9 KB, 342 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-09-22 18.03.31.jpg (78.8 KB, 342 views)
sslak is offline   Reply With Quote