View Single Post
Unread 09-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #9
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I feel your pain. I get it all the time as well. I would love to help out every cause but as many of us on here who have businesses. We simply cannot afford to without putting ourselves out of business.

But I have also learned that every solicitation for donations or support aren't created equal. I've had people who want me to support "Little Johnny's" baseball team by buying this or that yet they don't support my business.

I had one who openly has told me they don't buy my sauce or pickles because they are $5/jar and not $2.50 like the mass produced stuff on the shelf. They love the sauce and pickles but cannot rationalize paying that kind of money for bbq sauce or Cajun pickles. Okay, no biggie. But don't then come ask me to donate ten cases of my BBQ sauce to your son's little league BBQ fundraiser. I told them no, they got upset and asked why not. So I told them.

"I don't support those who openly do not support me. You've told me on more than one occasion that you'd like to buy my stuff but feel it is too expensive for you. I get that. But me donating bbq sauce to your son's little league team is too expensive for me." Pissed them off but they got the message. I'm a "for profit" organization. Not a "non profit" one.

www.doubledsbbq.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Double...12864168786570
Stumps Baby Gravity Feed Smoker
Backwoods Patio Unit
Char Griller Offset for grilling
Bamabuzzard is online now   Reply With Quote