View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
On the road to being a farker
Join Date: 09-20-13
Location: New Braunfels
Default Smoked me a brisket today. The best ever for me!

Got the brisket into the pellet grill this morning on 9/23 at about 10:00 AM Central Time. I opted out of cooking this on the Wood Smoker because I could do a lot more sitting than walking back and forth tending to the smoker every 45 minutes to an hour. For me the wood smoker is more fun, but right now sitting and resting my leg is the better part of valor. This is another dish that is going to be sliced and vacuum sealed into small serving sizes so that there will be food available at my wife's discretion to easily warm up and serve.

This is an 11 lb. full packer. I marinaded this for 3 days and then just put it into the smoker. I used an aluminum foil drip pan and placed a water pan in there as well. I was going to use the A-MAZN Smoker but I did not have enough room to place it into the unit. However, all is well.

Right now the internal temperature of the meat is 82 degrees and the Yoder is set at 225. Foiling will occur at 150 degrees.

Until then, we will just relax and take it easy.

Well, I did not get much sleep last night, as this brisket hovered between 180 and 192 for a long time. I kept thinking that it would just get there and I would be asleep. I did doze off now and then and wake up in a start to look at the Maverick to see what happened. My wife gets up at 5:00 AM every morning to make coffee and then go to Planet Fitness for her exercise program. When I heard her, I woke up and saw that the temperature was 199. I went outside and pulled the brisket out of the Pellet Smoker and placed it on the counter still wrapped in tin foil and then covered it in towels. I am going to wait a couple of hours, nap, and then cut it up to place it in vacuum sealed bags.

This brisket was in the smoker for 19 hours. Wow! I am glad that I used the pellet smoker as the wood smoker would have totally worn me out not that I am real lively right now.

This took me longer than I thought. I started this brisket at 10:00 AM in the morning on Monday 9/23/13 and it finished 19 hours later on Tuesday, 9/24/13 at 5:00 AM. I thought that it may be completed earlier like 10:00 PM last night, but it just went slow.

I have made my own brisket before, and I have tasted brisket in Lockhart, Texas, and for my taste buds, this was the best brisket that I have ever had. It was so moist and juicy, unbelievable. My wife was up at 5:00 AM to get ready to go her fitness center and when I started slicing, she started tasting. She knocked off a nice tasty slice before she left the house and she does not eat anything in the morning especially that early. When she keeps nibbling, then you know that it is good.

So, I made a little video here for your viewing pleasure. I hope that you enjoy this video and thanks for watching.


veryolddog is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->