View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
is one Smokin' Farker
Join Date: 12-15-11
Location: Rockwall, Tx/Lake Fork, Tx

I've never heard of BQ grills. You need to decide what kind of vertical you are looking for. Backwoods is a water type smoker where there is a firebox beneath a water pan. Some people put sand in the water pan or cook dry. Another type of vertical is a gravity feed where there is a charcoal chute you load with a firebox below light the charcoal in the chute and as it burns the embers drop down on wood you put in and creates the smoke. Some well known water types are Backwoods, Pitmaker, Humphreys, etc. Some gravity feeds are Assassin, Stumps, Deep South, etc. I hope this helps....btw...I ordered an Assassin and can't wait!
Custom built offset/Char Griller Akorn/Traeger Century 22
KingRanch450 is offline   Reply With Quote