View Single Post
Unread 09-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #9
BecknCO
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I only do King Crab on the grill like aawa and usually over a few mesquite chips. They turn out great this way and make it much easier to break the shells because the shells get drier. They will still cut the living fark out of your hands, so use shell crackers or paper towels to break them. Here's the process I use (and works best with the super thick Golden King Crab, although I've done it with thinner types with good results):

- defrost all the legs and claws in the refrigerator overnight and rinse under cold water (rinsing is important because if you don't wash off the salt, the old bay sauce you apply will make everything way too salty)
- make a quick wet sauce of old bay (a couple tblspns) and butter (my damn health conscious fiancee makes me use fat free pump butter, and surprisingly it works well, but I imagine that real butter would work better - go for clarified if you are going to use real)
- brush on the old bay butter combo
- place on medium hot charcoal or gas () grill with some mesquite chips
- turn every couple of minutes, and baste with the sauce if you like
- try to get a nice even char on all sides, and they should be done in about 10 mins or so

I'm telling you, we've tried all ways, and this is by far the best - Hope that helps bro!

Thanks from: --->