View Single Post
Unread 06-18-2006, 05:27 PM   #11
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Finally had a solid movement this morning so after church I prepped the meat by loading it with slivers of garlic then seared the roasts on all sides in a skillet with olive oil and butter. From there they went into the roaster ovens while I diced up and sautee'd 9#'s of onions. After the onions were added I covered the roasts half way with chianti and set the temp at 250*. Removed the roasts when they hit 145 wrapped and foil and let set for two hours then into a cooler and covered with ice. Next they will go into the freezer until two days before the party when I will slice them super thin and reintroduce the meat to the juices. Next weekend I'll be smoking the 70#'s of pork butt. Must have washed my hands 100 times during the process.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

NB Bandera-Firebox & Baffle Mod, WSM, Weber: Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), WSM, Three 22 1/2" Kettles, 2 Brinkman Dual Zone Proffessional Grills, Smoky Joe, Uniflame Tabletop Gasser, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove & 3 UDS's.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote