View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #6
Uomograsso
Knows what a fatty is.

I have an ABS Bar-be-cube which is vertical smoker similar to the BWS. Here are the shortened instructions on how to season the smoker. I used cooking oil in a spray bottle as PAM has additional ingredients that I didn't want in my smoker. Hope this helps.

Open the smokebox door and always secure with the latch. Inside the smokebox only, using vegetable oil, spray a light coat on all surfaces, (walls, top, bottom, racks, and trays). Note: Do not spray inside the firebox.

Place 6 to 8 pounds of charcoal on the firebox charcoal/wood grate.

Slide the dampers all the way open on the firebox sides. Screw open the smoke stack(s) cover approximately 1” (inch).

Carefully light charcoal and leave the firebox door open until flame has reduced and charcoal starts to turn white with ash. (approximately 15 to 20 minutes) Note: Do not close firebox door immediately after lighting charcoal. Flames could damage the smoker/grill finish.

Close the smokebox and firebox doors. Allow the temperature to reach 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Adjust the stack(s) cover plate and dampers to maintain this temperature for (1) hour. Close stack(s) cover plate and dampers, this will suffocate fire. Allow smoker/grill to cool completely.

Repeat steps 1 through 4, but only this time allow the temperature to reach 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Maintain this temperature for (1) hour. Allow smoker/grill to cool completely.