View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #14
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMTN View Post
I did Ron and the encryption type is WPA-WPA2 Personal and the security key/passphrase is the exact same as what is listed on the back of the router/modem. Typing it in gets me the: Encryption key must be 64 HEX
characters (0..9, A..F)
Right, because you have the Guru set to WPA2 instead of WPA2 PASS

Set it to WPA2 PASS and enter the key exactly as it is on the router (case is important) and restart the Guru. When mine connects to the network it doesn't show an address, but when I look at my router I can see that it is connected and find out the IP address from there. Do you see someplace in the Router UI to see what devices are connected to it via Wifi?

You may have already mentioned this, but is the Guru set to DHCP or have you given it a specific address, and is the default GW on the Guru set to 192.168.1.2, subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0

The Naked Fatty!

Chicago Area Summer Gathering Planning is under way!

Southern Q Limo Elite Gravity Fed/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote