View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #11402
Nuco59
Take a breath!

Default re: anybody got a list or know of a basic list for parts for building a uds ?

Promad - I don't know if I've seen an actual "shopping list" with items/descriptions and quantities laid out. If you have read any of the "how I did it's" in this thread, most authors will tell you what they used and you will see a lot of ingenuity (and pride) in what was used and how. Looking over the very basic K.I.S.S. UDS as outlined in Norcoredneck's http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=43943 will give you about all the info you could need as far as the basics go.

From what I've seen UDS's are pretty similiar since "form follows function":a handful of nuts/bolts, a drum, lid w/exhaust, cooking grate(s), fire basket, air inlets at the bottom with some means of controlling the air coming in. The differences between folks uds's are (mostly) minor- some are blinged out, have wheels, shelves and all sort of personal features-but at their heart are pretty much the same.

I built one of the very basic KISS versions- liked it so much I built another...exactly like it. I did cheap out and use sheet magnets instead of ball valves- but I'm surely not the only one
Nuco59 is offline   Reply With Quote