View Single Post
Unread 09-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #60
BobBrisket

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Well, this year was great for peppers. Tomatoes were GREAT for our dog who pulled em and ate em. We got some nice carrots, onions, and radishes early on. Our basil is still out there. We don't use much of it, but I put it out there for the bees. They love it and then they move on to my pepper and and other plants. I eat the peppers either fresh or make a salsa. That stuff I can't use gets dried or I freeze them fresh for the winter.
I use the front yard as much as I can:

Some Chiuacle Negro Peppers. These are a Oaxacan pepper from what I've learned. THE BEST PEPPER FOR MAKING MOLE! I'm growing "toes" in the garden too!

I'm a bit stumped with these. I think they are Chiuacles too due to the color, but more jalapeno shaped.

I'm unsure of these too. I'm thinking long green, but they are still small. This plant got a late start.

These are Fresnos.

I think some Gold Chiuacle seed was mixed in with the batch I had. These are nothing like the Fresnos. Great citrus flavor and hot. Plus, they stay orange. Look like the ones from here: http://peppermaniatexas.blogspot.com...of-oaxaca.html
Plus, first year I've ever had em grow.

Drying stages:

UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver

My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son.
Git Smokin, Dan!
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote