View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 02:54 AM   #9
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

the plastic wrap works good, depends on mood I am in...but I use foil first then roll the plastic around the whole tin. When you go to events or do a hot drop off this works real good. Get all your work out of the way, as I pull and clean the pork of the "smagma" If the butts are whole you just dont have the time later....get them pulled, juiced or even add sauce and wrap up. This also works real good if you have to freeze for a few weeks...The pork will NEVER be dry...Here a little tip I do... if I am doing 20 butts, all the butts are always injected however I will put 2 or 3 in a tin to catch the juice, then seperate the juice from the fat and add a couple laddels into each tray.
When you pull prepared tray out of the cooker, just poke you temp probe thru the foil, place directly into cambro..and before serving fluff it up...You will be very happy you got all this work out of the way..
I have two big parties to do this weekend and all my butts will be cooked, pulled and wraped on friday...The mess cleaned up, dished washed and just have to head out..If I am doing a small party, say 5 or 6 butts, then I will do it on site..