View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 01:04 AM   #31
ssv3
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaudds View Post
Lol..I must of picked up the ones you didn't want as mine were dated 9/7. Since I'm a total noob, what is it you look for as far as feel when you choose a brisket?

I hope they don't jack up their prices....from what I understand about Costco pricing, they markup their items no more than 14% of their cost, with most items around 10%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SY82 View Post
I hope you are right about that.

About feel, I try to pick out ones that are floppy. There was one there that felt really stiff to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I have read this several times on this site. In a past life, well it seems like another life ago I worked in the family meat business. Dad owned a packing house in Vernon. I worked there for 13 years. Any meat that was floppy came from a poorer quality steer. Now that doesn't mean it wouldn't cook great and maybe that's the secret for good brisket. But if I was picking a New York or Rib Eye it sure wouldn't be floppy.

Jerry
As far as a feel I tend to look for a flat that bends/folds easily aka floppy as mentioned. Mine didn't fold that well but the fat cap was way too thick. When I trim the fat cap it shouldn't be a problem. The marbleization in the flat and throughout is killer though. One of the best I've bought so far.
Blackstone Griddle 36
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K), WGA(P)
PBC
Santa Maria BBQ Outfitters 30x20 Grill

Member of "THE BLACKSTONE POSSE"
ssv3 is online now   Reply With Quote