View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #28
ssv3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Sako

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY82 View Post
Picked up a couple briskets at the Burbank Costco yesterday. When I went there, there were only two packers available dated 9/6/2013 on their labels. One looked all right, but the other just didn't feel right to me. So I asked the guy working in the back if he had anymore. He said he'll go check the back, and after a couple minutes he came back and said, "Nope. That's it. That's all we have." I took the one I liked and went around shopping for other things. I happened to pass by the meat section about ten minutes later, and I see the same guy putting out three more brisket packers. I caught his eye; he gave me a sheepish look, and he went to the back and acted like he was busy. I went over and saw that the new ones were dated 9/7/2013. Picked out another one that I liked, and I headed out.

Considering how well these packers are selling, I wouldn't be surprised if Costco starts jacking up prices very soon.
Yep! When I was there I came across only three packers myself and took one home. So they seem to be selling which is good. I don't trust the lazy meat dept employees either. It's a luck of the draw on who you talk to. Glad you scored some.
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K), WGA(P) WJJ(CU)
Hunsaker Drum
Pit Barrel Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
"THE BLACKSTONE POSSE" Member
ssv3 is online now   Reply With Quote