View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 03:14 AM   #35
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

quick example...I left the house at 8 am to pick up 12 butts and 10 briskets. So the time has to be factored in. Arrived back home, made some coffee and started to prep meats, make injection, split a few pieces of firewood, change out a propane bottle (my southern pride has propane assist), make a batch of rub and place in cooker..It is now 130...Now I start making sauces , which are just blended comercial, prep for party for next day and clean up...I finally sit down about 330 and have a beer..reload firebox about 6 and pull out at 11..put meat in electric fridge (electric another bill) to prep for serving the next day, as the meal will consist of 250 1/2 of chicken and 350 pork or brisket sandwiches...but the point is to make 350 sandwiches I put in several hours and I still cant serve...so how much is your time worth? I know I am slow!!