View Single Post
Unread 06-12-2006, 12:11 PM   #5
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Rest is critical.

Our "Sebring" episode could have easily been avoided - I had NO valid reason for not staying over. Anne was out of town, I had the travel trailer, and we weren't doing anything on Sunday anyway!! Oh yeah, I was coming down with the flu - but that's an even bigger reason that we should have stayed put.

The closest events Tim and I do - at least one of us has about a 6 hour drive. We've become real fans of events that open the grounds on Thursday or give us a place to park (the backlot at the Key Largo Chamber is pretty nice!) overnight. Staying over until Sunday is just about a given.

Of course, we're cheap and probably wouldn't take a motel room anyway...but we've certainly discussed it a couple of times. My travel trailer and/or his motorcoach have been worth the gas at Mobile, Dillard, Key Largo, Sebring, etc.

My wife has learned to pull the travel trailer and the cooker. She will not back one up - but that's OK. It gives me some time from behind the wheel.

Rushing to or from an event just doesn't make sense - and we've all done it...be careful out there!

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
chad is offline   Reply With Quote