View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 11:57 AM   #4
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

This is REALLY important.. and your are so right.

Last year I made a stupid mistake and I put my family at risk becase of stupididty and cloudy thinking. After a competition I had a 6 hour drive home. We left at 6pm, still daylight, i was still "ok", but 3 hours into the drive, I find myself at that "how did I get here".. seems a lot of mileage was traveled and I was not aware of. Highway Hypnosis.

After the second, unplanned lane change i should have piulled over. Sharon was with me, she likely could have drove but she is "afraid" pulling the trailer. Well... her "afraid" is alot safer than me sleeping. i was fighting to stay awake. Stupid move in hindsight, but at the time it was the only option.. NOT!..

Now, either the family stays home, and i sleep onsite or other arrangments have to be made. The first is to let sharon drive with the trailer so she gets comfortable with it.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote