View Single Post
Unread 09-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #17
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-TX View Post
Thanks for the great write up, all three look excellent from here.. I need a napkin to wipe my drool! This thread makes me want to experiment with the Akaushi beef brisket that my local butcher shop carries...hmm
I want to try Akaushi beef as well. But, one thing at a time, I got loads of brisket leftovers right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirknwrk View Post
If you live near Kansas City, Paradise Locker Meats in Trimble (Just north of Smithville) usually has Piedmontese in stock. I've tried Piedmontese tri-tip (great) and one brisket (my first brisket, which I didn't get right). They say that Piedmontese shouldn't be cooked as long... or to as high an internal temperature as other beef and your results would seem to confirm that. Can't remember what I paid for the Piedmontese but I think it was less than the Wagyu, (Which they can get). http://www.paradisemeats.com/ Thanks so much for the comparison... I've been looking for one.
It cooked fairly long for a 10 pound packer, as always, I cook by feel, never by IT. I monitored it, as I wanted to know what was going on. But, normally, I only use temperature and time as reference points. These were all pulled by feel. The Piedmontese was actually a little harder, as it never stopped being soft in the heat. It tightened up slightly, but, if not for the probe, I might have pulled it far too soon.

Whip It Off, Chambers!

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is online now   Reply With Quote