View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #10
kds9547
is one Smokin' Farker

Cooked my first one Thursday night (actually cooked two). I seasoned one with fresh ground S&P and the other with a Santa Maria rub. I put the rub on that morning and placed them back in the fridge. Took them out and placed on the counter 1 hour before going on the BGE. I cooked them at 275 on my adjustable rig (with heat diverter) and removed when they hit 110* and foiled. Brought the egg up to 700* and seared a couple minutes on each side and they were pretty awesome. Four guys ate 5.5lbs of tri-tip and none left. I will definitely do this again.

I had to order mine from a local butcher and it was 8.99 a lb. I need to find another source.
[COLOR=darkgreen][COLOR=black]LBGE,[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=black]22.5 WSM, 14.5 WSM, Weber 26.75 OTG, Weber Performer Gold, Weber Performer Silver, Backwoods chubby, Speed of light fast [COLOR=darkgreen]Packer green[/COLOR] Thermapen, Speed of sound fast [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] backlit Thermapen, Ultra-fast [COLOR=black]American flag[/COLOR] Thermapen[/COLOR]
kds9547 is offline   Reply With Quote